A business needs two kinds of folks.
- Those who bring in business.
- Those who fulfill that business.
That is, you have a sales dude, and a task dude.
Without the ying and yang, your business: Kaput.
Now, you're thinking:
"Who in the mofosoko should I hire?!"
When you start your business, you either do it because:
- You're one talented rainmaker.
- Or, you create awesome stuff.
So, ask yourself:
- "Am I a salesperson?"
- "Or, am I an operations person?"
In other words:
- What do you prefer to do?
- What excites you?
- What motivates you to perform?
- What do you dread doing?
- What bores you?
- What scares you?
Choose the former; get help for the latter.
Your Todo List
Depending on who you are:
- If you're a rainmaker, get a doer.
- If you're a doer, get a salesperson.
Balance The Bizo
A company run by two folks who are awesome at building Project XYZ will suck if it can't sufficiently generate enough sales to sustain business.
Likewise, a company run by two people who can bring in business in droves will suck if it can't fulfill that business for their customers.
Rock both sides. Thrive.
Complement the other half.
Posted on June 30