A Halloween AnalogyWe're about four days from Halloween, but of course you're not scurred: You've experienced the sucker before.
- You've seen scary costumes.
- You've been to haunted houses.
- You've knocked on doors.
- You've asked for candy.
Humans love familiarity.For instance:
- It's a reason why we do: __________, on most weekends.
- It's a reason why we drink: __________ on most days.
- It's a reason why we kick it with: __________ when we go out.
Visualize Yourself Kicking AssWhen you visualize yourself achieving a success, your mind starts thinking the event actually happened -- boosting your familiarity with it. In turn, that drives you to achieve that success like it's no thang but a chicken wing on a string. Explains a study of 94 engineering students from University of Washington Psychologist Elizabeth Loftus:
When adults vividly imagine the occurrence of events that took place in their childhood, they become increasingly confident that these incidents actualty happened to them. This phenomenon has been called imagination inflation.
"Okay, I'm visualizing -- but I'm still fearful of success. Ahh!"You want to write that success sucker down so you can use your five emotions to experience that sucker.
- Write a screenplay about what your life will be like.
- Take the Fortune 500 list, scratch out a dying company -- and insert your company in that slot.
- Act out what you'll be like 30 years from now -- as if you were performing for Steven Spielberg.
- Or, do whatever else that uses your five senses to fully visualize that success story.
Visualize like a badass.
Posted on October 26
Next tip »