Scenario: "Dude, everything has to go through me. I'll single-handedly make billions for us. Yay!" Most entrepreneurs -- and we love 'em -- try to get their hands on every-frickin'-thing.
- "My reputation's on the line!" they say.
- "Only I know how to provide the best service!" they scream.
- "I have the experience!" they think.
But when you do everything, you destroy your freakish potential to fatten your company's profits like a mofo with wings.
"But, why don't I matter?"
First, we'll qualify: You do matter, you-sexy-you -- but not like how you might expect. If you're like most business-builders, the dollars you generate for your company correlates to the time you spend working.
- That is, the ratio of "You/Profit" always equals a non-zero number -- meaning that your business generates cash only when you're working.
(We define the variables specifically as - "You": time you spent working; "Profit": company profits generated) For instance:
- If your crazy ass fell off a cliff, your business generates: $0.
- If you took a vacation, your business generates: $0.
- If you went to a conference, your business generates: $0.
- If you celebrated your birthday, your business generates :$0.
- If you went rock climbing, your business generates: $0.
Unless you're some supernatural badass, you're running on limited time. You can only do a certain number of things -- to generate the company $$$ -- before it's sleepy-sleepy time. Time limits you to how much money you can generate for your business.
What if your badass could generate profits while:
- You're sleeping?
- You're snorkeling in the Bahamas?
- You're auditioning on American Idol?
- You're watching Oprah?
How financially sweet would that be? Oh-so-sweet:
- Your business would generate income without your blood, sweat, and tears (i.e. your presence, time, energy).
- More importantly, you'd free yourself to work on additional opportunities to fatten your business's profits even further.
(The best of both worlds. Sexy-fab.) Folks, getting to #2 separates the ridiculously-filthy-rich companies from the "just-getting-by" folks. That's the secret to all the high-flying companies you see gracing the covers of Forbes, Fortune, BusinessWeek, Time, and Newsweek.
"So, how can my company generate profits without my booty there?"
Simply, fatten profits by making: "You/Profit" = 0. That is, find ways to make your business rake in $$$ regardless of your presence. Consider this demonstration:
Grammie and The Chocolate Coffee Factory
Grammie serves delicious chocolate coffee in the Midwest. The town raves about her customer service. For every transaction, she:
- Gives a menu.
- Takes the order.
- Makes the coffee.
Without her presence, her company generates: $0. Now after reading this article, Grammie seeks fatten profits by making "You/Profit" = 0 -- meaning her coffee business will generate cash without her presence.
- She hangs a big-giant-frickin' menu in a prominent place for customers.
- She hires young college kids, and gives them a sweet manual on (1) making coffee, and (2) taking orders.
- She incorporates a 100% satisfaction-guarantee -- adjusting for lost sales by reducing the wages of an offending employee. (That ensures consistently great customer service.)
- While she's not there, her coffee business: "Ka-mutha-ching!"
- Net-effect: "Hey, let's work on an additional Tea business. Yay!"
She goes on to build a super-dope business that rocks the world like it ain't no thang but an juiced-up ostrich on a string.
The Billion-Dollar Cycle
To build your ridiculously-filthy-rich company:
- Step #1: Automate the business.
- Step #2: Work on additional opportunity.
- Step #3: Repeat Step #1.
Sexy. The simple equation to rock your business:
Fatten profits by making "You/Profit" = 0.
Posted on March 05
Next tip »