- Yesterday, you set 10 goals.
- You finished nothing.
You see your goal-setting becoming an ugly trend:
- You set goals.
- You fail.
"I really suck," you tell yourself.
- You don't suck!
- You just suck at setting goals!
Here's the sweet way to accomplish your goals.
Take Baby Steps
First, admit that you suck:
- You can't accomplish 10 goals because you suck.
- You can't even accomplish half of your goals because you suck.
Babies suck at walking correctly.
But, they have one thing on you:
- They take baby steps!
To accomplish your goals, take baby steps.
Baby Step Yo-Self
Instead of setting 10 goals today -- something that you haven't accomplished in your entire life -- do this:
- Set one goal today.
- Accomplish it.
Then, for the next ten days, accomplish one goal you set everyday.
- You'll notice accomplishing goals gradually becomes easier.
- You'll start a healthy daily habit of accomplishing goals you set -- like brushing your teeth.
- You'll see yourself increasing the number of daily goals you do (as accomplishing goals becomes much easier).
You'll gradually work your way up to completing 10 goals daily/weekly/monthly/etc.
Ridiculously good goal-setting-accomplishing first takes baby steps.
Baby-step that mofo.
Posted on May 05
Next tip »