- Tamika does something that's freakishly unprofitable.
- "Things will turn around!", she tells herself.
- She continually sucks.
How We Humans Suck
- We peeps continually leave our options open.
- We keep piling on a million things to our to-do lists.
- Everything and its mother is important to us.
That leaves us sucking each and everyday.
Instead of focusing our minds on only the very-berry-super-duper important stuff, we stress our minds to cover a billion things.
Our Human Tricks
Psychologically, we hate surrendering something.
- dump a TV show that used to be good but now sucks more than a Donnie and Marie sitcom.
- dump a website we visit daily, which we know serves no positive benefit to our lives
- dump some project that's draining cash like a mofo on a drug-induced ostrich that has a thing for pink elephants
Psychologists call it "loss aversion."
That is, we strongly prefer avoiding loss over acquiring gain.
So, we continue to:
- fattening our to-do lists
- watch bad sitcoms
- visit websites with masturbating bears
Your brain tricks you to do incredulous things that ultimately harm your progress.
Here's how to combat it.
- Today: Stop doing one thing.
- Tomorrow: Stop one more thing.
- The day after tomorrow: Stop another thing.
- Etcetera that mofosoko.
You'll gradually sharpen your focus to do the most beneficial things that will help you rock this world like David Mother-@!#$#@% Hasselhoff.
"Today, I will stop: __."
Posted on May 20
Next tip »