- You confront a sales meeting.
- You instantly become timid.
- You suck.
"So what do I do?!"
- Think of Brad Pitt in Ocean's 11.
- You = Brad Pitt.
Imagining yourself as someone else's persona helps you adopt that person's persona.
You start asking:
- What would Brad Pitt do in this situation?
- How would Brad Pitt respond in this situation?
- How would Brad Pitt talk to this person?
Magically, you start:
- standing up straighter
- having more conviction in your voice
- doing stuff you wouldn't have done minutes ago
And if something undesirable happens to you, you experience this gem:
- "I didn't get rejected."
- "Brad Pitt got rejected."
Result: You take more risks that propel you forward on your freakish journey of total domination.
Model X's confidence.
Posted on September 08
Next tip »