You talk to two of your high school peeps.
- Richie is a big-time investment manager who's raking in millions.
- Cleeto still lives in his mom's basement.
Who makes you feel happier?
Ask yourself this mofro:
- Why do people hate celebrities?
- Why do people hate rich people?
Status. Status. Status.
- 'I hate Britney so I can lower her status, and in effect, increase my status.'
If Richie goes on about his $$$, he sucks more than an two-headed ostrich juiced-up on Hennessy at a farm convention for overweight bears who sleep with their mommas .
But, if you talk to Cleeto, he makes you feel happier because:
- 'Cleeto makes me feel happy because he increases my status.'
How do you make people feel better?
- Avoid talking about your accomplishments.
- Highlight your mistakes/your-bad-qualities/your-suckiness.
- Increase the person's status by highlighting their accomplishments.
You'll make people feel better, and attract more friends.
Posted on October 30
Next tip »