- Bob complains.
- Business X ignores him.
- Management thinks: "Hey! Bob is just a complainer! #$@ BOB!"
Think bout statistics for a sec:
- You determine the winner of an election by examining a small sample size.
- The sample size lets you generalize the overall population.
- If Bob complains, chances are: Billy, Beanie, Bobby, Betty, Bumbazhozoolo is complaining too.
- As well as peeps with names that don't start with B.
If Bob complains, you know that YOU = S.U.C.K. to your other customers too.
- You Item X to 4 customers.
- Two complains.
- Even with that freakishly tiny sample size, it's a good indicator that half of the people who buy your Item X will hate your product too (and the other half might hate it but won't complain to you).
Resolve, Resolve, Resolve
Take the initial customer complaints as representative of the freakish more 98756957995807945545 peeps that have-hated/is-hating/will-hate your service if you maintain status quo.
Fix X to ensure that you viciously reduce or completely eliminate those complaints.
Fix to eliminate.
Posted on November 01
Next tip »