- Bob shops for printing vendors.
- The first printing vendor gives him a quote for $10k.
- Bob accepts.
Bob's money = draiiiinnned.
Now, Take Barbara
- Barbara shops for printing vendors.
- The first printing vendor gives her a $10k quote.
- She gets a quote from the second: $9k.
- The third: $8k.
- The fourth: $8.5k.
- the fifth: $7k.
She Identifies Finalist
Barbara likes the fourth vendor a lot because of their experience dealing with her industry, but she thinks she can get a better deal than the $8.5k.
So, she goes up to the fourth vendor, and tells them:
- "I like what you can provide. But, I have another vendor who provide the same thing for $7k."
- "Can you beat it?"
BAM, they settle:
Better deal: KA-CHING.
When you introduce competition among your vendors, they find more ways to become more efficient and provide you more value for your buck.
Shop around like the world serves you.
Posted on November 05
Next tip »