The happy feelings you get = like a roller coaster:
- One day/week, you're on top of the world.
- The next day/week, you're down like a downtown-downer-of-the-DOWN.
- Then, BAM, you're on top of the world again.
The Happy Cycle
You'll get the happy-sad-happy-sad-happy-sad-happy feelings cycle all-the-frickin-time for the rest of your ridiculous sweeeeeeeeeeeeet life because your mind makes everything relative:
- You're sad because you just experienced something so great, so you're comparing the great experience to your not-that-great current experience.
- THEN BAM: You're happy again, because you're experiencing the happier feelings relative to the sadder experience you just had.
If you're feeling sad/depressed/downtown-downer, know this:
- You'll feel on top of the world again.
Wait for it.
Posted on November 05
Next tip »