- Face-to-face selling scares you.
- You need sales.
What do you do?
Get a list of contacts from Jigsaw, Hoovers, Experian, InfoUSA, or any other list broker.
Approach sales online through email/contact-forms/blog-comments.
Instead of pitching outright -- since the intended prospect will just label you as some spammmmmer:
- Establish your credibility (e.g., provide valuable comments on blogs, give them a few tips on how they can approach X better, send them snail mail, research their industry,help them improve their businesses/lives)
- Once you've established some credibility that distinguishes you from the other marketing emails they get everyday, provide a personalized email/contact-form pitch.
The more personalized your pitch, the more receptive Prospect X will be to your pitch.
Have shy team members?
- Your shy team members = critical sales force you haven't yet tapped.
- Have them do the above.
Anyone, and everyone, can sell.
Crazy social people online = shy people, who love to talk, but can't express themselves as well offline.
- We humans = social animals who need outlets to express ourselves.
- Think the stereotypical MMORPG gamer (e.g., Warcraft).
If you/your-team-member feels more comfortable talking to strangers online, use online as the primary sales mechanism.
You'll break down barriers to meeting new strangers/clients, and grow your ridiculous business.
Sell your way.
Posted on November 20
Next tip »