You hear the platitudes:
- Breathe more!
- Breathe IN! Breathe OUT!
- Imagine YOU on a tropical island!
But, then your anxiety-filled butt still continues sucking, as you can't seem to release the tension that's crippling you.
So, you start sucking at your:
- Sales meetings.
- PR interviews.
- Etc., etc., etc.
"I can't seem to relax," you cry. "Is there hope for me?" you wonder.
BUT THERE IS HOPE HIGH 5!
How do you relax instantly?
- Repeat until relaxed.
Yawning releases the tension that keeps your anxiety-filled self sucking.
Yawning acts like your fitness dude who gets you back on track after you've scourged on unhealthy food:
- "HEY! You've been breathing horribly. Let's gt you back on track and help you breathe right! YAY FOR YOU!"
According to UPenn Neuroscientist Andrew Newburg, yawning = the fastest way to relax.
- Can't sleep because you're feeling anxious? YAWN
- Nervous about cold calling a potential buyer? YAWN
- Can't work because you fear X? YAWN
Posted on December 15
Next tip »