Ignore how much suckity-suck-suck your business/industry/product/finances/etc. really are:
- love praise
- love good news
- love happy talk
But, we hate:
- harsh criticism
- disastrous facts
So, we ignore the bad news.
We continue doing our usual thing:
- ...as our products horrifically suffer.
- ...as our cash flow quickly drains.
- ...as we wreak havoc on our projects.
- ...as we gradually drive away awesome people.
- ...as we steer ourselves toward bankruptcy.
If you want to stay and business and thrive:
- Confront the viciously-big-bad suckity-sucks of your current situation.
- Then, gradually demolish each and every one of them.
Examples to get you on your way:
- "How are our finances sucking?"
- "How is our industry sucking?"
- "How are our products sucking?"
Confront the bad. Freakishly. Constantly.
Posted on July 21
Next tip »