- Imagine a frickin gi-nourmous mountain.
- Every step that you take gets you higher up the mountain.
Now, imagine racing Schmo.d.bobo up that mountain:
- Every step Schmo.d.bobo takes that you don't take gets him 1 step further ahead.
- (And vice-versa.)
Business is akin to a game of racing up that mountain to service Customers X at the top.
- The more steps you take over Schmo.d.bobo, the likelier you'll pull further ahead.
- And take your humongous share of customers.
K. Anders Ericsson, a performance expert at Florida State found through his research that those who excelled at their crafts simply had this distinguishing variable:
- They put in more practice time than the rest.
Chessmasters destroyed their competitors because they had more practice time.
The #%@%#@ conclusion? The more time you put into your work, the likelier you'll pull away.
Steps. Steps. Steps.
Posted on November 08
Next tip »