You're selling to Bob.
But, Bob's like:
- OH NO I DON'T NEED YOUR SERVICES OH NO
So then, you cry and go home, without closing any business -- and losing any future with Bob as your customer.
How do you win customers?
If you can't sell to a customer, try this:
- a) Offer more services/goodies/etc.
- b) Lower your prices.
Repeat (a) and/or (b) until you win over the customer.
(And, the lifetime value of that customer still makes the deal profitable).
You return to Bob:
- You: I'll add X and Y to the deal.
- Bob: Sorry.
- You: I'll lower the prices to 20%.
- Bob: Sorry, I can't do it.
- You: In addition to X and Y, and lowering your price to 20%, I'll also add A, B, C, D, E to the deal.
- Bob: O RLY? OMG OMG OMG LETS DO IT OMG OMG OMG
What if you can't make a profitable deal?
Try the relatively inexpensive ways to add more value to your customer's life:
- Send weekly tips/articles/etc.
- Provide a bunch of free consultations.
- Send referrals to their business.
- Free trainings like a freak.
- Newsletters filled with best practices.
- etc., etc., etc.
Keep adding more value to the customer's deal you achieve a profitable win.
Your goal is to find the right price for your goods/services, making the customer's deal a WIN/WIN for the both of you.
You'll open more doors. You'll sell more stuff. You'll increase bottom line. You'll provide more value to your customers life/business/world.
Posted on May 20
Next tip »