- Think back to a winning sports team you followed.
- How'd you feel?
- How'd your fellow fans feel?
You thought you were the kings of the world, flying sky-high, rocking the world to infinity and beyond.
That winning team you followed made you:
- more confident
And, when you lost, what happened?
With every loss:
- Your confidence drained.
- You looked forward to failure.
- You wanted to escape a million miles away.
You felt like Notre Dame.
"WHY?!" you cried.
The Value of Victories
Fighting a freakish goal that takes several months/years to accomplish?
- Your team will be "losing" every step of the way toward that drawn-out victory.
Instead, tattoo this to your huge biceps:
The Winning Gameplan
- Victories -- no matter how small/insignificant/etc. -- builds confidence among peeps.
- People want to be part of winning teams.
- That makes them super-rifically-ka-duper more excited to rock toward success.
- ...resulting in productively-ridiculosity work.
- ...resulting in fatter profits to provide for your company.
According to Harvard's Rosabeth Moss Kanter and Walter Kiechel and their research:
Confidence [involves] positive behaviors such as open communication, self-scrutiny, respect, teamwork, accountability, collaboration, and initiative that result in winning. In turn, winning breeds greater confidence and raises the company to an even higher level.
Winning = more confidence = more winning = high-five!
- Set short 1-day/half-hour/1-hour goals.
- Set yourselves on pace to achieve victories-upon-victories.
Sweet victories. Constantly.
Posted on May 14