- You're super-freakishly happy.
- You think you're all badass.
- You end up earning less than Schmo.
- Happiness makes you complacent with $$$.
- Instead of trying to improve yourself, you settle for "This is who I am! I am so proud of myself!"
- So, you continue doing what you're doing -- never really improving on how you financially live your life.
Boos all over the world to you.
Are you crying?
You're one step closer to being financially successful.
How Happiness Destroys Your Pocketbook
Research says people who rate their happiness a 10 earn less than those who rate their happiness levels at an 8 or 9 (peak earners).
10s tend to:
- save less
- pile on debts
- Yes, you can be super happy.
- But, don't blind yourself with superficial happiness.
Even if you're financially awesome, you can still (1) cut costs, (2) earn more, and (3) boost that mother-kereffen bottom-line for you/your-company/your-world.
The Action Plan
- List out all you/your-company's expenses.
- See how you can save 5% this month.
- Repeat for subsequent months.
Grate those costs like mutha-effin' swiss cheese that's dying to shred itself like a two-headed ostrich.
Live like you suck.
Posted on June 02
Next tip »